Monday, January 13, 2014

SCARLET By A. C. Gaughen

11983940

I am pleased to say that I actually very much enjoyed this novel despite the loads of mixed reviews that I have seen floating around on the Internet. Though I can see where all of the negative reviews are coming from, all of the problems they complained about in this book didn't upset me that much (this may be because I love Robin Hood's story and am a sucker for anything related to it).

I will admit that sometimes the plot / pace of the story seemed a little bit off, but once you started thinking that it would either pick up the pace again or slow down enough for you to get a sense of what was going on. One thing that quite surprised me in this book was the plot twist because I really didn't expect it and once the "thing" was revealed I had to back and read it again just to make sure I was wrong.As for the rest of the book the intense action was never boring and always kept me on guard to see what would happen next, and I even found myself being sorta surprised by the villains in this book because sometimes their actions where surprising too. I say villains referring to Gisbourne and the Sheriff, though the Sheriff didn't play that big of the role throughout the novel as I expected him to.

For me the love triangle was really pointless because I really felt that Robin cared more for Scarlet than Little John. LJ struck me as a really immature boy who just liked fooling around with all of the girls, once he got what he wanted from Scarlet he would have probably just moved on to the next chase. I did get mad at Robin for pushing Scar away; though both of them need to learn how to express their feelings better.

Overall I really enjoyed this read and cant wait to read the next installment!!

GET IT HERE:SCARLET

No comments:

Post a Comment