Friday, January 10, 2014

SWITCHED By Amanda Hocking

11457525

I find myself saying this allot, but I find its a statement that fits most of the books that I have read recently. "so much promise, but it fell on its face" That my friends is switched by Amanda Hocking.

While the cover is intriguing, and the characters are not that terrible I feel that the whole plot and execution of the book could have been so much more, but it wasn't. I was really exited when they mentioned Trolls because I feel that this is one of the least explored subjects in literature, so all of the possibilities of greatness popped up in my head. I started thinking of all the ways she could portray them, their customs, their quirks, but their where simply reduced to a few lines that detailed how they where picky eaters, didn't like to wear shoes,and had problematic hair. (though that last one was relatable it really didn't give me any insight about trolls)

The characters in the novel where okay ish, like they where somewhat relatable and intriguing, but they just where (for the lack of a better word)...average. Not that being average is a bad thing, but I was expecting to be wowed. The romance in theirs book is, now that I look back on it insta-love. but it was one of the more mild cases of it. I did surprisingly felt myself shipping Wendy and Finn...even though if Finn as much as looks away from her Wendy thinks its the end of the world.

Meh. There is not much else to say about this because we haven't really started seeing the main conflict yet, and nothing jaw dropping happens...but I still may pick up the seconds installment for more peter pan references.

GET IT HERE:SWITCHED


No comments:

Post a Comment