Thursday, January 23, 2014

EMERALD GREEN By Kerstin Gier

14759651

I have no words for this book. I am still in post-series shock.

The plot brought everything together nicely, it explained all of the gaps and questions I had from the last book, and it gave me some closure for what happens to the characters even though I am still a little bit fuzzy about what happened to some of them.

The beginning, I will admit, was quite slow because it primarily consisted of Gwen discovering new things and secrets, and dealing with Gideon which I understand was necessary to build up to the climax, but I still couldn't help but yawn once or twice.
The multiple plot twits throughout the book where very unexpected (at least for me) and after you got over the shock of discovering something you would realize that with the new piece of information you would gain another puzzle piece that was missing from the beginning, or sometimes you would scream at the book for several minutes calling yourself names because you realized that what had happened was very obvious, but you had not noticed it.

The romance in this book was okay. I mean, for most of the book Gwen and Gideon bicker and fight about whether who hates the other the most and to see who is most infuriated about them becoming "friends". I will say that I did enjoy all of the Gwen/Gideon kissy kissy scenes though because apart from being a big "FINALLY!" they where also kinds funny (read to find out). The only thing that bothered me about the whole ordeal was that Gwen forgave Gideon in an instant even when she vowed never to have anything to do with him ever again. Not that I didn't want them to be apart, but Gwen's sudden forgiveness caught me off guard because I was expecting her to slap him instead of to run into his arms.I was sorta disappointed that we didn't see much of Lesley/Raphael action, but you cant have everything you want in life. right?

EMERALD GREEN is an exiting and satisfying conclusion to the Ruby red trilogy that will keep you flipping pages like a maniac and laughing out loud from time to time.


GET IT HERE:EMERALD GREEN

No comments:

Post a Comment