Tuesday, January 21, 2014

TORN By Amanda Hocking

11966216

I really don't understand what I expected out of this sequel, but it certainly wasn't anything special though it wasn't total disaster either.

We saw alot of more plot development and building throughout this book which was good because we seriously needed some background on the Vittra and why they where so desperate to kidnap Wendy at any cost. Even though we still are on a need-to-know-basis about this kind of information we where still able to fill in some of the gaps that we had from the previous book.

One thing that did NOT develop at all was Finn and Wendy's relationship. From page one the only thing that they seem to do is  either ignore each other, scream at each other, or kiss because they where too "emotionally confused". In the synopsis of the book Amanda also hinted Wendy might develop another love interest which would be a make it or break it move because love triangles are very cliche, and very tricky to write in the correct way so that the reader isn't either bored or too overwhelmed by the "new girl" or "new guy" but I think that Amanda was able to write this "triangle" quite decently because I was (am) rather intrigued by Loki, which I think is a good thing considering that he will be one of the main reasons that I may pick up the third book. The whole issue with the arranged marriage didn't bother me or surprised me that much because I was it coming since book one because Tove being engaged to Wendy was the only logical reason I could come up with him spending so much time at the palace. One thing that did surprise me though was Tove's real intentions (not gonna say cuz SPOILERS).

I am intrigued to see how this series will come to an end  because I still have a few questions with the main conflict and the story, but I guess we shall see in the third book.

GET IT HERE:TORN

No comments:

Post a Comment