Wednesday, January 15, 2014

MORE THAN THIS By Patrick Ness

17262303

This book is both confusing and brilliant in a way that is indescribable, and this is exactly what I expected from Patrick Ness. After finishing his "Knife of never letting go" trilogy I went into a very serious book depression which I have not fully recovered from even though I read the series in 2013, so I was a bit skeptical to read another one of his books because of the fear of being mentally scarred (in a good way) again, and for all of the high expectations and contradicting reviews surrounding his books.More than this proves my fears wrong because this didn't mentally scar me as much (it kinda just left me staring at the wall for 30 minutes wondering "what the hell did I just read? ") and because all of the high expectations proved to be right.

The story line is just so unique and unexpected, and even beautifully poetic in a way which just made it so enjoyable to read even though sometimes I had little to no knowledge of what was going on.What I mean when I say that I "did not know what was going on" is because Patrick only reveals things bout the plot and the characters little by little, so that when you think you have all the right pieces together you have to re evaluate because suddenly everything has changed, and you see the events in a different light because of the tinny bits of information that he provided.

I loved how the character where all very diverse and constantly changing because they had to face the consequences of their actions because at one point or another (some more than others) screwed up and ended up affecting everyone else, so everyone had their own ways to cope.They where so real and so human sometimes that I just could not help getting emotionally invested in some of them (this usually happens for me) and cried when they cried or laughed at their victories and cursed everyone that made them sad. I wont go into much detail about every single character because I believe that the less you know about the premise of this book and who takes a role in it the more you are going to enjoy it and appreciate it for the deep message that it leaves behind.

This book will have you questioning life since page one, and will probably (most definitely) you brain dead for a few minutes after you read it.


READ IT TODAY:MORE THAN THIS

I loved that I still don't know what happened, and I love how that is the point.


No comments:

Post a Comment