Monday, June 3, 2013

THE DIVINERS By Libba Bray

The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)


Can I just take a moment to appreciate the setting? I mean, most of the books Y/A now a days are set in either in present time, the 1800's (usually in the UK), or in the future, but in "the Diviners" Libba takes us to New York in the 1920's! (one of my favorite time periods if I do say so myself). With her astonishing power for story telling, I actually felt like a "flapper" in the 1920's!!

The story and the plot are very rich. I liked how she didn't only focus on the mystery, romance, or adventure, but gave us a bit of everything.

I really enjoyed the characters because they seemed dynamic and mysterious to the point where I wasn't shure what I had read about them was a sneaky half truth, a truth, or a lie. It keeps things interesting.

With and unforgettable story, and characters The Diviners will earn a nice clean spot in your favorites shelf.

GET IT HERE:THE DIVINERS

No comments:

Post a Comment