Sunday, June 16, 2013

MONSTERS OF MEN By Patrick Ness

Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking, #3)

THE FEELS. FEELS. I CANT
NO
I. CRIED. there. I said it.

After falling absolutely in LOVE with the first two books in the series I was excited/bummed to read this third and final instalment. Why bummed? well I kinda never wanted it to end, but like other great series it had to end. ( And rip my heart out while it was at it).

I just cant begin to explain how wonderful and amazing this book was. It simply cannot be done. Starting off exactly where we left off and continuing until the heart wrenching end, there is never a dull moment in the novel!

I sometimes have problems with there being different narrators in a book, but Patrick Ness does not only make it enjoyable, he makes it necessary. Also with the third perspective thrown at us from 1017 wich gives us a look inside the Spackle side of the war and helps us understand all the rage that 1017 has for "the knife".
I also really enjoyed how Ness made the lines of heroes and villains very (VERY) blurred, one second a person could appear a saint and the next second they could be related to Satan.

I wont say more because I am still in shock and because I don't want to give away any spoilers, but let me just say this series will be one that will shape your life forever.

P.S. can I just take a moment to say that I want to marry Todd? No? Yes? OK.

GET IT HERE:MONSTERS OF MEN

No comments:

Post a Comment