Wednesday, June 5, 2013

DELIRIUM By Lauren Oliver

Delirium (Delirium, #1)

Going into this book I thought it would sweep me off my feet. My friends had talked wonders about this book, and I had also read some astonishing reviews online, so putting two and two together, I thought it was going to be groundbreaking.
it was not.

let me explain.
I am going to give Lauren points for coming up with a concept a unique as love being a disease that should be eliminated, but the love interest, and the characters just didn't do it for me.
First of all Lena was a weak character. throughout the whole book she just feels sorry for herself and cant really make decisions on her own, even when other people depended on it, and that frustrated me to a point that I would just slap her in the face ( if I could ).
Now lets move on to the romance. The whole concept of the novel was supposed to be about true love and learning to love others, but if what Lina and Alex have is called true love; I am going to die alone.
I felt that the whole Lina/Alex relationship was a little bit over done, and too rushed. Since the first moment they kissed they just wouldn't keep their hands off each other! Which is like most couples behave, but Lena had been terrified of boys five seconds earlier and after she just magically turns into an expert kisser. what?

The ending didn't make much sense either, but to be honest I wasn't paying much attention anymore. :/


No comments:

Post a Comment