Wednesday, March 13, 2013

THE DROWNED CITIES By Paolo Bacigalupi



Beautiful. You may wonder why I choose this word to describe this book, I mean after all the subject is everything BUT beautiful. I use this word because the author does an EXCELLENT job in showing us the horrors of war and what people are forced to do in order to survive (though I will probably have nightmares for a while about the army of God).

My favorite character in the novel was Mouse/Ghost. Even when he was recruited into the UPF, torn away from Mahlia and his home, and even after all of the suffering he had to withstand AND cause he was able to remember in the end his humanity.

Lets be honest with ourselves. If you have already read this book you sensed the romantic tension between Ocho and Mahlia. PLEASE TELL ME I WASNT THE ONLY ONE WHO DID!

P.S.
 I still wonder why Tool decided to help Mahlia...i will forever think over this.

bottom  line....ANYHITNG that Paolo writes I will read.

GET IT HERE:THE DROWNED CITIES


No comments:

Post a Comment