Thursday, February 27, 2014

TEARDROP By Lauren Kate

16070143

Meh.

From the overly photo shopped cover this book, the cheesy characters, the predictable love triangle, and the confusing premise this book is a collection of random and incoherent thought that where easy to read fast, but hard to understand.

Something I didn't understand was the whole thing with Eureka not being able to cry. What? was I the only one to find this a little weird?? I didn't really get what happened if she did cry either. I thing it had something to do with her drowning the entire world, butt I don't see how that would be possible because she would have to cry for an awfully long time. I also didn't understand how this curse was set onto her. We didn't really get that much of an ending to the book of love, so we didn't learn about what happened to the woman whose heart was broken, bur maybe (hopefully) that will be explained in book two?

the characters where so predicable it became annoying. I can read about cliches and everything and even end up liking some, but these characters where cookie cutters. Brooks was the "childhood best friend" who had always had been in love with the main character, but she somehow was oblivious to the whole thing even though you could clearly tell since the first moment he was introduced. Eureka was the female lead who had something terrible happen to her and was having a mental/emotional breakdown which made her fell misunderstood and like the world owed her something, but magically (as always) the mysterious knight in shinning armor comes and rescues her (more like crashes into her), tells her about her secret powers while revealing that he is supposed to be her enemy while he declared his undying love for her. I'm not even go into the other characters because I fell these few examples give you an idea about the rest of them.

I just really need to find a good book to read.
Peace out.

CHECK IT OUT:TEARDROP

No comments:

Post a Comment