Wednesday, February 19, 2014

FAKING NORMAL By Courtney C. Stevens

15726915

This book made me feel all warm and fuzzy even though the subject matter was far from warm and fuzzy, but I couldn't help the feeling.

This book is just so powerful in many ways. It treats allot o f very difficult and serious topics so  and it portrays them to the point I believe what is going on to the point where I was scared for the characters and what would happen next.
The way Courtney describes these wonderful characters, and how she makes them react to the situations that they are forced to be in makes them so real and genuine as if they jumped out of the page from time to time which could be both a good thing and a bad thing at times.

Probably my favorite thing about the book was the characters flaws. I know this sounds weird, but I was very interested when I started noticing that nobody in this entire book had a easy life, or how each of them dealt with their issues "their coping skills" especially with Alexi and Bodee

My only issues with this book would have to be the harmless but ever so present slut shaming that goes through out the book. I guess that all of us girl sometimes have thoughts about other people that we shouldn't have, but the three friends in this book where constantly making comments about other girls in their school and even to themselves. It didn't ruin the book for me, but its was something that put me off.

Faking normal is one of those coming o age books that will make you laugh, cry, and literally die with the amount of suspense and mystery surrounding the whole "incident" which will keep you reading until the very en, so that you find out who the real bad guy is.

I wish every girl that goes through something like this finds their own Bodee Lennox.

GET IT HERE:FAKING NORMAL

No comments:

Post a Comment