Tuesday, February 18, 2014

THRONE OF GLASS By Sarah J. Maas

7896527

I liked this way more than I thought I would, and I am glad.

Our story starts off by introducing a very bad ass female assassin named Calaena who is very full of herself, but not in a way that will make you dislike her. In fact, it made me like her even more! I did get to question all of her bragging because she doesn't really "fight" with anyone until the middle of the book, but rest assured that all that she says is not lies. As we get to read more about Calaena, and know more about her back story we immediately see that there is more to her than just her looks and her skills for assassination. Behind all of the walls that she has built to protect herself lies a witty, charismatic, caring girl who just has a hard time showing all of these amazing characteristic about her because she is too busy battling her own inner demons.
She is so easy and fun to read about that I just liked her instantly.

The supposedly "love" interests in this book are (DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU DO NOT LIKE SPOILERS) the crown prince Dorian and the head of the guard Chaol. I personally rutted more for Chaol, but Dorian was the one getting the entire attention of Calaena throughout the entire book. It was like she was oblivious to the fact that Chaol liked her too. the reason I said "love interests" was because even though this book has some lovey-dovey aspects to it, it is in no way shape or from a romance novel. The novel focused more on the mystery, that I will not reveal, and the action filled pages that made me read at a incredible lightning speed.

There where some unanswered question in this book, but I assume we will find the answers lying in the second book, so I am really looking forward to learning more about the back story to the novel and getting to know more about Calaena's and Dorian's past lovers which are mentioned quite allot in the book.

GET IT NOW:THRONE OF GLASS

No comments:

Post a Comment