Sunday, February 9, 2014

THE CHOSEN By Celie Thompson

229496

I will admit that the start of this book, maybe well into the middle, was a little bit slow and dull, but the ending was very unexpected and pleasing which I really enjoyed. Which contributed largely to me deciding that this is my favorite out of the two apart from the insane amount of character development.

The conclusion of the story is much as anyone could have predicted.  Chloe had more boy troubles, ends up with Bryan, unexpected relationships form (which I would have liked to see more of), Chloe has more assassins try to kill her, but all in all she ends up saving the pride and creating temporary peace between the Mai and The Order, but the reason that this was my favorite part out of the three was the way Celia made all of these things come together and be resolved. Even if it was somewhat cheesy.

I really liked the relationships in this book because apart from ones becoming "permanent or definite" new, unexpected ones form as well which was quite fun. I really liked Amy and Alyec's relationship because Celia gave little hints about it forming, since Amy and Paul's relationship was crumbling, but you didn't think much about it at first since Chloe and Alyec where still a thing plus the whole Mai cant be with humans thing, but after Chloe proves that the "curse" was lifted, when she saved two humans, by kissing Brian, the sudden possibility of a Amy/Alyec relationship popped into my head and wouldn't disappear. I kinda screamed when they finally kissed because it was so sudden, and it was also after Chloe revealed that she had spent the night with Bryan which led e to believe Alyec would do something like start a fight or something, but the fact that he kissed Amy instead was pleasing. I don't think hr did it because he wanted to get back at Chloe. I simply think he kissed Amy because he had always liked her, bu had always thought that he could not be with her.

I really liked to see Chloe develop throughout the book, like I said the beginning was quite slow, but literally in the last chapter we can clearly see the true extent of Chloe's development. She is kind, compassionate, is willing to make peace (even if it means her death), and she also becomes wiser with her decisions. Which is a miracle because she used to be pretty reckless.

This book was an okay conclusion to the series. Even though it kinda leaves you hanging and turning the pages to see if there is either a next chapter, or a release date for a next book.

THE CHOSEN:THE CHOSEN

No comments:

Post a Comment