Monday, February 24, 2014

GLOW BY Amy kathleen Ryan

10174795

Ugh. That pretty much all I have to say for this book.

I have looked up the reviews on goodreads and I am seeing that almost everyone is raving about this book, but somehow I just cant connect with their words or with this book in general. the story was dry, boring, and a somewhat copy of across the universe. I am aware that this came out before across the universe, but since I read the series before, my view on things was altered.

The premise of the book had allot of potential with the whole traveling through space, kidnapping girls,infertility, cults premise to it, but I just feel that the characters and the writing made it fall short. The writing I could not connect with at all. It was just too bland and "cookie cutter" I don't know if I make sense by saying this but that's what it felt like reading it. Like if it was not original. I don't know how to explain this but just go with it.

The characters where a major problem because there where just mostly annoying. i had a major problem with Waverly because I could feel the author trying to make her a "Katniss" type character, but was failing miserably because she just came off as pretentious and utterly annoying. I had the most problems with her at the end when she returns from the ship and basically falls into Kierans arms and then the next day she hates him and starts accusing him of being the enemy and comparing him to Anne just because he believes in god. She had no idea what the boys had been through in those five months that the girls where gone and what Kieran had to endure and sacrifice for the other boys, so she should not be judging him and accusing him of being an extremist. Don't even get me started on Seth. Ugh. Darkly brilliant? more like crazy psychopath! I just don't see what makes him the "love interest" Waverly is attracted to some really weird stuff and she doesn't even think of him on the ship! the entire time she is thinking about Kieran, but the second she returns to her home ship shes all like "where is Seth?" It doesn't make sense

I just really didn't like this book...sorry

CHECK IT OUT:GLOW

No comments:

Post a Comment