Tuesday, October 29, 2013

SLATED By Teri Terry

12743472

One look at the cover and we can clearly see  we have an interesting book on our hands,and once your curiosity gets the best of you you have already read 10 chapters. There is no turning back now.

The character had both their faults and virtues, so I guess that these same faults and virtues are what made them so relatable and human. For example, the various characters of mom, dad, and Amy kept getting on my good side and my bad side which made it hard for me to decide in the end if I enjoyed reading about them or not, but that's one of the real  life qualities that this book has. People are not always going to be on your good side or bad side, they change.
I really enjoyed seeing Kyla's point of view thought the whole story because we get to experience all of the deep emotions that go on in her head even though if there where some minor inconsistencies in the story sometimes. What I mean by "inconsistencies" is that she is supposed to  be experiencing everything for the first time again because she was slated right? yet she instantly recognizes, and does not flinch at the sound of a gunshot. Again. these where minor details, but it just made me wonder sometimes...

As for the plot SLATED is a book that is sure to take you on a suspense packed roller coaster that seems to accelerate its speed every 5 seconds. The story always had me guessing, and maybe even skipping ahead a few time to see what would happen...(sorry not sorry) but its not like its all action all the time. no. its just the right amount of suspense to keep you on your toes while not overdoing it too much.
Even though I would have killed for a little more background on how "slating" came to be it was still a very good first installment, and I am very intrigued about what happens next.

GET IT HERE:SLATED

No comments:

Post a Comment