Tuesday, October 15, 2013

THE HOUSE OF HADES By Rick Riordan

12127810

THE FEELS. THE SPOILERS. THE PAIIINNN.

I read it! Finally! After a year of waiting in agony I have read and LOVED The House of Hades!
I just don't want to wait another whole year for the last book to come out. (hides in the corner weeping)

The plot for this book was greatly paced as to not be to rushed nor too boring, and with just enough twists and turns to keep me entertained, but not hyperventilating (most of the time). We meet again with out heroes aboard Argo II heading towards the doors of death to meet Annabeth and Percy, so they could bring them back from Tartarus, but this task proves to everything, but simple because apart from all of the troubles they face throughout the entire book there is also the impending war between camp half-blood and camp Jupiter.
Like I said before, the pace in the book was just right and it all somehow fell into place as the story continued.

ONTO THE CHARACTERS!

There is so much character development in this book that I don't even know where to start. I shall start with the most enormous character development ever. Nico. SWEET LORD JEESUS. I cannot begin to express how happy I am for him. After not knowing much about the quiet troubled little boy throughout the whole series in The House of Hades we finally get some insight into Nico's persona and I am ecstatic. Even though I will admit that I was a little bit crushed about the spoiler (that you most probably already heard of) because I always have had a bit of a crush on the ghost king, but I am also relieved that he is opening up to people and starting to accept himself. Can we take a moment to appreciate the Jason/Nico friendship that happened here?! (...I ship it....). As for other important character development we have Frank. Frank went from being a insecure, little Asian boy to being a BAD ASS, tall Asian boy in approximately 0.5 seconds. How in the name of Ares and Mars this happened I do not know, but I am enjoying it and hope to see where this leads. If any of you guys where looking for some more Jason/Piper action, I hate to disappoint, but everything is as dull as ever (shakes head). As for new and promising romances we have a certain Island girl and a curly haired mechanic, but I will not dare say more if any of you have not heard, or have not read the book yet, but what I will say is that I SHIP IT (its adorable). As for the amount of Percabeth in this book we get quite allot of development. Maybe not as much steamy, or cute moment like we had hoped for, but that the development that happens between them is deeper in this book because they realize how lost they would be without each other, and how they need one another to survive.

I shall now go into book hangover, and rock  back and forth in the corner until the final book in the Percy Jackson legacy is introduced to us. (and after I don't know what I will do with my life...I barely survived Harry Potter!)

GET IT IF YOU LIKE BREATHING:THE HOUSE OF HADES

No comments:

Post a Comment