Thursday, December 19, 2013

THE IMMORTAL RULES By Julie Kagawa

10215349

I have been kinda hesitant to start a Julie Kagawa novel because countless friends never stop praising her books; especially her Iron Fey series, so I was a little scared that I was going to end up being disappointed and let down by her writing,but that (Thank to god) is not the case

The plot in this novel was great it always kept me on my toes guessing on what would happen next, and I can rarely say that for a book. Julie's writing styles was also very enjoyable also very descriptive without getting boring or dull. Another aspect of the story I was worried about was the whole "vampire" thing. I am not saying that all "vampire" related books are bad, but with so many out there even a decent one, so I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that while Allie's vampireness (I am just going to call it that) played a key role in the story it didn't take over it.

Allie was a very interesting female lead. While she was cunning, ruthless, and brave she is also kind, protective, and loving which gives us the whole enchilada. One main thing that I LOVED about Allie was her humanness her will to survive. We see examples of this every time Allie comes close to death such as when she became a vampire, something she despised, and hated her entire life, but in the end she chose to live as her nightmare than cease to exist, and that is what made her relatable In my opinion.
As for the romance in the story it was somewhat insta love, but it built up to something really nice and promising that I a exited too see develop in the rest of the series. Another aspect of their romance that I enjoyed was that Allie was the strong vampire whilst Zeke was purely human. I am not saying that Zeke is weak, but it was nice seeing the girl being the predominantly stronger one after reading hundreds of Twilight like books where the guy is always strong and the girl is defenseless.

I am very exited to see where this series goes, and I am definitely going to check out the Iron Fey!!

GET IT HERE:THE IMMORTAL RULES

No comments:

Post a Comment