Saturday, December 7, 2013

THE WISHING SPELL By Chris Colfer

11607446

First picking up this book I reminded myself to keep my expectations low because of the two simple facts that this is Chris' first novel, and that I had only pictured hims as an actor and didn't think he would make it as a very successful author, but I was pleasantly surprised by the end of this first installment.
One of the things that surprised me the most is Chris' simplistic yet descriptive styles of writing which was very enjoyable and easy to follow, but never dull.

Alex and Conner where enjoyable and entertaining characters.
Even though their personalities where polar opposites it was clear that they both shared a tight bond, and that they would not  leave each other behind which made for some character development.
Another character duo that I very much shipped throughout the entire novel were Goldilocks and Jack.
The twist on both of their stories, including Red Riding hood's, where very entertaining and ADORABLE I just simply wanted them to be together since I first read about them.

Another thing that I would like to appreciate about Chris' styles of writing is that he was able to sneak in some important lessons here and there through the course of the book which made it really relatable in some ways, and will hopefully teach all of the children who read this a thing or two.

Even though some minor things where predictable and ordinary there where quite a number of enjoyable twists and turns that kept the story going making up for the others.

GET IT HERE:THE LAND OF STORIES

No comments:

Post a Comment