Friday, December 20, 2013

GRAVE MERCY By

9565548

I am going to admit that by looking at the cover of this book I thought it was going to be super cheesy, but after reading the summary and realizing it was about (basically) assassin nun I just had to give it a chance.

I was quite pleased with this novel. It had just a little bit of everything such as action, mystery, romance, death, and betrayal, and none of these key items seem to overlap each other throughout the book which was a good thing and created a good flowing pace in the book which was neither boring nor too fast.

the characters where also very interesting and developed quite allot throughout the book. though some of the minor characters didn't develop as much as I would have liked them to, but I think that is do to the fact that we didn't see much of them like Beast and Annith and allot of other people.
I did like Ismae as a main character we not only got to see the strong. assassin side of her, but we also got to see the insecure, venerable, more feminine side of her that I don't think we get to see with most female protagonists because the authors tend to focus allot on making the females be strong and brave that they forget to add in the femininity in all of us which make them seem lees heroic and more like robots.

As for the romance in the book it was all very sweet and touching, but it was missing something. I cant quite place my finger on it, but it was lacking something. Now don't get me wrong, It wasn't bad or insta love or anything, but it could have been better.

grave Mercy is and exiting historical novel that will keep you on your toes, smile at the bad ass females, make you laugh at the characters wits, and wish for an extra chapter.

GET IT HERE: GRAVE MERCY

No comments:

Post a Comment