Saturday, September 21, 2013

INSIGNIA By S. J. Kincaid

11115434

It had been some time since I had read a book like Insignia...I say this in a good way because I really did end up enjoying it.
One of the things that I really ended up enjoying was that we had a male protagonist, Tom. I am not saying that you never see a male protagonist in Y/A anymore (I can actually can name quite a few), but it has become increasingly more difficult to find a good one. I feel tom was brilliant and entertaining in his own type of way. He was not perfect, and far from being a genius, but he demonstrated that sometimes those things don't really matter.

As for the other characters, they were also very well developed. I was particularly interested in Blackburn. He was the Severus Snape  for this book. Always seeming like the bad guy, putting everyone down, and scheming up diabolical plans against the "good"  side, but once you get to know the reasoning for his behavior you start to not like him, but value him more as an asset to the book.

The one thing that I would have as a complaint for this book is that there are too many conflicts. Now, you might not understand why this is a bad thing because after all this would only add to all of the action included in this book right? well, I complain because its hard to follow the plot of the story if you cant really identify the REAL climax of the story. Will all of the rivalries that Tom face throughout the book they either just suddenly disappear, or a new one appears, or they don't seem major enough to be considered a climax.

I would DEFINITELY read this if you are a fan of Enders Game.

GET IT HERE:INSIGNIA

No comments:

Post a Comment