Saturday, May 4, 2013

TIGERS CURSE By Collen Huck



I had read ALOT of mixed reviews about this book, but I finally found the courage to go to the library and get it.

The book started a little bit too slow for my taste, but quickly redeemed itself once I got to (exactly) page 100. The story was unique in every single way, I mean how many books are out there now about werewolves, vampires, and other creatures? many if you haven't noticed, and this is the first one I have ever seen about tigers so that scored it some points in my book.
The pace of the book was great, delivering tiny bits of drama/excitement here and there to keep me interested, even though sometimes I felt the plot line was a little too slow,and predictable with all the, bad boy vs. good boy love triangle, the girl with a barrier around her heart that wont let anybody in, and the rivalry between the two brothers (cant anyone get along?!).

As for the characters I have mixed feelings for.
The one character that I really enjoyed was Ren because he was awkward at times, caring, romantic, and just plain charming.
The one character who I have SERIOUS ISSUES with is Kelsey. no. just-
no.
At first I kinda like her with her down to earth vibe, hard working attitude, and funny sense of humor. My liking for her was destroyed and forgotten by the middle of this book. She just started getting really paranoid about Ren liking her, and filling her head with negative thoughts and comments about how he could have any supermodel and not her because she wasnt good enough. If that wasnt enough to start despising her I dont know what is. Plus! she had the most annoying sarcastic comebacks ever! and she described her and Rens relationship as a love-plant witch was both confusing and meaningless.
The rest of the characters I neither disliked or loved.


Apart from my long rant about the characters this book is perfect if you are just looking for a fast read that will not make you worry about a complicated plot, and complex characters.

GET IT HERE:TIGER'S CURSE




No comments:

Post a Comment