Wednesday, May 15, 2013

MYSTIC CITY By Theo Lawrence

Mystic City (Mystic City, #1)

*SPOILER ALERT*

The story in mystic city, while entertaining and fast paced, was a little bit predictable. I mean, girl wakes up with no memory, parents just happen to rule the city, she has a fiance whose parents where/are enemies of your parents, but then mysterious rebel boy steps in and sparks a memory and filing in girl witch she cannot place. Is it just me or was it a little bit obvious that Hunter was the one the whole time?

Apart from the obvious plot of the story another thing that I quite didn't understand was how Hunter and Aria ACTUALLY fell in love. AGAIN, when Aria recovers her memories of Hunter it only tells us how they met and that they went on like TWO DATES and that somehow they where just magically in love since then, not that I don't believe in love or love-at-first-sight or whatever, but its just that Aria didn't give the OMG I JUST MET THIS BOY AND I THINK I LOVE HIM vibe. She gave off the OMG I THINK THIS BOY IS HITTING ON ME, IT WOULD BE RUDE IF I SAY NO TO HIS DATE kinda vibe, if you get what I mean.

OVERALL I think Mystic city had the potential to be a great YA novel, but succumbed to unoriginality and predictability.

GET IT HERE:MYSTIC CITY


No comments:

Post a Comment