Wednesday, March 5, 2014

WINGER By Andrew Smith

11861815

Winger is a wonderfully written  coming of age novel about a teenage boy trying to find himself in the midst of a puberty surrounded by older boys and girls who constantly made fun of him.
Winger is both perversely hilarious and heartbreaking on so many levels you will crash like the Titanic. The story starts out with a fun and comedic mood as you get introduced to the characters and start getting acquainted with the story. The characters start developing as the story continues even though when you think they have all finally mature a little Winger and Joey start giving rides to strange screaming men in the middle of the night.

My heart goes out for Joey. I will say no more.

I also really enjoyed Annie and Wingers relationship because it was so genuine in the way that it developed. It was both awkward, adorable (at times), and a little perverted at times (which was to be expected from the mind of a teenage boy).

Winger made me laugh, question what goes on in boys heads (which I already sorta knew, but it still shocks you), cry to the point where I can no longer produce any tears. Winger is a book that make so you grow into a better person in a way. It makes you be more open minded and understanding about some things.
If you haven't given this book a chance pick it up now.

I feel like this review is too short, but I am still in post book shock, but i hope that my awkward short review will encourage you to pick it up.

GET IT NOW:WINGER

No comments:

Post a Comment