Friday, March 7, 2014

ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS By Stephanie Perkins

17453983


I thought this would be just another love story, and even though that is technically what this is it was so much more too.

For a long time I could not wrap my head around why people seemed to really love this novel because from the cover up to the title it just seemed like a totally cliche story, but after weeks of debating whether to reading it or not, I decided to jump right in and see what all the excitement was about.

Anna and the french kiss was a lighthearted, fun loving novel that was well paced, filled with adorable sexual tension (if there is such a thing), had the ability to make you burst out laughing, and leaving you feeling all giddy and bubbly inside wishing that your life was remotely like Anna's....which will probably never happen.

My favorite character in the novel was Anna because I found her to be very relatable which made me enjoy her "cliche" story even more. Anna is a quirky, shy, brunette, homebody, movie loving teenage girl that actually lives through believable situations, except the whole being sent to Paris for boarding school thing, but apart from that she always reacts like I would (most of the time). Another thing I really enjoyed about Anna was her FRIENDSHIP with St.Claire. (not that I didn't enjoy the love part of it but let me explain). Anna, while being attracted to St.Claire (who would not be) understood that he was in a relationship and did not act upon her feelings. She did flirt a bit, but it never went farther than that and that put the whole situation in a more believable scenario.

St.Claire was the British/american french speaking boy that every girl needs in her life. I am still waiting.

If you have not read this yet I don't know why you are still reading this...GO!

GET IT HERE:ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS

No comments:

Post a Comment