Tuesday, July 16, 2013

SPUD By John van de Ruit

Spud (Spud, #1)

Written from in the perspective of the diary of a fourteen year old boy (Spud Milton) we get to see his struggles of becoming a "man", first (and second) loves, friendship, and the subject of death all whilst reading The Lord of the Rings.

Apart from learning of the life of Spud we also get to learn about the times in south Africa in the 1990's (where the book is set) witch was pretty interesting.
I admit that in the middle it gets kinda boring to read, but it picks up its pace shortly after you start feeling bored.

This book is also hilarious ( I had to set it aside sometimes because of how much I was laughing).  I cant tell you how happy I am to know that this book has a sequel, AND a movie!!

If you are a teenage guy you should definitely go check this out!

GET IT HERE:SPUD

No comments:

Post a Comment