Wednesday, July 3, 2013

CINDER By Marissa Meyer

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)

OMG.
I NEED book 2 right now.
like, now.

Being a retelling of Cinderella, at first I was a little skeptical if I would like this book at all. Cinder being a cyborg and all.

One of the things that I LOVED about this book was the setting. Instead of the typical American scenery this book is set in Asia.
I also quite liked the introduction of aliens and the whole "Lunar" concept. Even though it may seem kind of difficult to understand who the Lunars are, where they come from, why they act like they do, and the whole magic concept, it all becomes clearer if you keep reading on.

The author captured quite well the whole essence of the evil stepsisters (or stepsister in this case) and the even EVILER (is that a word?) stepmother, whom witch I would have been happy to slap.
Cinder (aka Cinderella) was very humble, kind, and had all of the characteristics of being a true princess (hint hint wink wink if ya know what I mean).

May I also applaud this book for not being too focused on the romance?
I think that may be what I liked  most about this re-telling.

Even though some part of the plot where very predictable it was easily overlooked by the action, mystery, and ending.
Cinder is a book that will make you crave for more.

GET IT HERE:CINDER

No comments:

Post a Comment