Monday, November 25, 2013

ALLEGIANT By Veronica Roth

17383918

The end to the Divergent trilogy is here and I don't know how to deal.

I am pretty sure I am still in denial about everything that happened in this book, an I will probably  spend the rest of my life waiting for the fourth installment.
The book pretty much starts where we left of in Insurgent and picks everything up from there.  I believe that the start was good, intriguing, and kept us wondering what was happening and what was true and what was a lie. I sadly report that along the middle of the book I felt the writing and the plot got a little muddy with all of the characters and all of the new information that Veronica started to reveal to us through the book. All in all the book was a little choppy at parts, but that didn't take away from the emotion and the pain that we feel in the book.

The characters in this book also started out very strong, taking into consideration that almost everyone in Insurgent was wither dead  or close to being dead at the end of the book. There were so many cute and fluffy Four/Tris moments that my heart was melting, but BECAUSE SOMEONE SPOILED IT FOR ME I think I didn't enjoy them as much as I would have not knowing the outcome. One thing I didn't like about the relationship was that, even though I realize that Veronica wanted to portray a real life scenario and real life romance, Tris and Four fought WAAAY too much even for a normal couple. Every time Four would try to think for himself, and make a decision on his own Tris would become all controlling and crazy and tell him that what he thought was wrong. I also found Tris to be very unnerving and annoying. She would take every opportunity to be brave and selfless and act like she was above everyone else. I am not saying that being selfless and brave is a bad thin, but the repetitiveness of Tris being the ONLY ONE to save everyone and the ONLY ONE to have emotional trauma, and be the "leader" of the group of friends get tiring and irritating.

The ending was heartbreaking though, but I feel like the way she died (Not specifying who because SPOILERS) was too meh.

GET IT HERE: ALLEGIANT

No comments:

Post a Comment