Tuesday, January 28, 2014

THE FALLEN By Celia Thomson

1112383

After falling in love with ABC Family's television series about "The nine lives of Chloe King" and having my heart broken by it being cancelled I was a little skeptical about picking up the series because I just didn't want to be disappointed, but needing some closure to the season one finale I decided to pick the series up and find out what happened once and for all.

I am glad I did.

I started this book cautiously expecting it to be a little dull and slow, but was surprised that in only two sittings that all in all consisted in almost only four hours I had managed to read, love, and enjoy the book in a way that I hadn't expected when I had first picked it up. Now, keep in mind this is a light hearted read. This is not a book with some alternate meaning, some philosophical point of view, or a very complex plot with super dynamic characters that will have you read pages twice so you can understand what happened. This is simply a book about a girl that dies, comes back to life with cat-like-powers, struggles to figure out which of two guys a she likes more, and deals with her two best friends dating. Its a fun, page turner book that will have you  laughing out loud, and getting exited over the action throughout the book.

the characters in the book where easy to read and easy to understand, but my favorite out of all of the had to be Chloe. Celia made and excellent job about making her half feline without making her corny which was pleasing. I also really related to her because she acted like a normal teenager. She had her rebellious outbreaks, her nervous breakdowns, and her moments of blind courage that made her "real" and apart from her feline like powers I saw allot of myself in her.

I am really exited to see where the story will go because the differences from the TV show where shocking. This was of course to be expected, but it still took me a few moments to process a few of them, in a good way because I just feel it made everything more interesting.

PICK IT UP NOW:THE FALLEN

No comments:

Post a Comment